Thank you to the parents who attended Tuesday’s Open Morning and visited classrooms to gain a broader understanding of the learning that takes place throughout the school. I valued being able to talk with you and answer your questions.
The draft 2018 AIP was presented and endorsed at School Council last night. The AIP has a significant focus on the following areas and I will be sharing this with you at the Learning Team Information sessions early in Term 1, 2018:
- Building leadership capacity throughout the school
- Building strong teams to improve our collective practice
- Academic Rigour and consistent teaching practices in literacy and numeracy
- Improving our use of assessment for targeted teaching and tracking of progress
- Understand student voice- how can students contribute to planning and goal setting?
- Opportunities to teach together to provide feedback for continuous improvement
- Continuing the Writing focus with Deb Sukarna
- Developing a partnership with Maths Association Victoria (MAV)
- Consistent, whole school approaches to wellbeing
- Use technology to enhance learning and continue with STEM activities in the classroom